Bootstrap ComponentsBootstrap includes components like buttons, navbars, dropdown menus, alert boxes, and more. We can use this component simply by using the appropriate class name. Bootstrap 3 was launched in the year of 2013, and then Bootstrap 4- in August 2017. Bootstrap 4 is the latest version of Bootstrap.
Main Differences between Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4 :There are many changes between Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4. Here is top 5 changes.
- In Bootstrap 3 source CSS Files is in LESS. But in Bootstrap 4 source CSS files converted in SASS. It compiles more faster.
- In Bootstrap 3 it has 4 grid system (col-xs-3, col-sm-3, col-md-3, col-lg-3). But in Bootstrap 4 it has 5 grid system (.col-, .col-sm-3, .col-md-3, .col-lg-3, .col-xl-3). In Bootstrap 4 removed the xs from the lowest break point.
- Bootstrap 4 is built with flexbox, grid system in the Flex-box, it can not be used with every element. The Flexible Box makes easier to design flexible responsive layout structure without using float or positioning. To know about flex please go with this link CSS Flexbox Tutorial.
- In Bootstrap 3, we use col-md-offset-4 as Offset class, whereas in Bootstrap 4, we use offset-4
- Bootstrap 4 supports the inverse tables, .responsive-table to the <table> element etc.
Advantages of Bootstrap 4
- Fewer Cross browser bugs.
- A consistent framework that supports major of all browsers and CSS compatibility fixes.
- Lightweight and customizable.
- Responsive structures and styles.
Disadvantages of Bootstrap 4
- It will be difficult for those who are not so adaptable to accept that bootstrap has changed the classes and media query breakpoint.
- It does not provide support to non-responsive usage.
- It also does not support IE8, IE9 and iOS 6.